By Dr. Bob Hoffman, co-founder The Masters Circle
( slightly edited…my changes in ‘quotation marks’ )
– If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more ‘fortunate’ than the million that will not survive this week.
– If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
– If you can attend a religious meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you ‘have more religious freedoms’ than 3 billion people in the world.
– If you have a refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of the world.
– If you have money in the bank or in your wallet and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
– If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are thankful, you are a ‘beacon’ because the majority can…but most do not.
– If you can hold somebody’s hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder, you are graced because you can offer ‘the Creator’s’ healing touch.
– If you can read this message, you have received a double gift in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more ‘educated’ than over 2 billion people in the world who cannot read at all.
Have a great day, count your blessings, and ‘appreciate how much we take for granted.’
Choose to be grateful when life treats you well…and graceful…when it doesn’t. Make this year’s Thanksgiving a time for you to really feel blessed and then do whatever you can to become ‘an inspiration’ and spread that blessing around.