~ LAVENDER (Lavendula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. From the mint family, Lavender essential oil healing properties make it one of the four ‘Universal Healing Oils’ known to balance the body and to work where ever there is a need. Called ‘First Aid in a Bottle,’ it has a long history of herbal medicinal uses since Medieval times. Lavender, an adaptogen, can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. When in doubt, use Lavender!
It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Lavender therapeutic-grade essential oil has pain-relieving (analgesic) properties, tension-releasing, soothing systemic effects – especially for nerves, cardiovascular systems, & emotions. Plus many other health benefits. Non-irritating. Non-sensitizing.
PROPERTIES: Analgesic, Anti-Coagulant, Anti-Convulsive, Anti-Depressant, Anti-Fungal, Antihistamine, Anti-Infectious, Anti-Inflammatory, Antiseptic, Anti-Spasmodic, Antitoxic, Cardiotonic, Regenerative, Sedative
BODY SYSTEM(S) AFFECTED: Cardiovascular System, Emotional Balance, Nervous System, Skin
FRENCH MEDICAL USES: Acne, Allergies, Burns (cell renewal), Cramps (legs), Dandruff, Diaper rash, Flatulence, Hair loss, Herpes, Indigestion, Insomnia, Blood pressure (lower), Lymphatic system drainage, Pre-Menstrual & Menopausal symptoms, Mouth abscess, Nausea, Phlebitis, Scarring (minimizes), Stretch marks, Tachycardia, Thrush, Water retention
OTHER HEALTH USES:
- Arthritis/Rheumatism; Convulsions; Influenza; Typhoid fever,
- Cardiovascular System: Headaches; Heart (irregularity); Fainting; reduce high blood pressure
- Digestive support: gallstones, nausea
- Muscular: Aches & pains, cramps (legs & menstrual)
- Oral health: cold sores, mouth injuries
- Respiratory, Ear, Nose & Throat Issues: asthma; bronchitis, hay fever & allergies;laryngitis, earaches; throat infections, tuberculosis;Whooping cough
- Skin regeneration: acne, abscesses-boils, blisters, bruises, burns (cell renewal / scar prevention), carbuncles, cuts, scrapes,, eczema, herpes cold sores, hives, insect bites & bee stings, infections, psoriasis, sunburns/sunstroke; sprains;
- Stress & Anxiety related issues: depression, hysteria, insomnia, migraine headaches, tension.
CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children & pets.
Reference Guide for Essential Oils, Tenth Edition by Alan & Connie Higley. Abundant Health, OCT 2006.